Support the development of critical social-emotional skills in infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Learn key strategies that you can use every day, and apply the learning using Harmony SEL’s research-based exercises.
In this course, you will learn how young children approach learning using social emotional skills, and how you as an educator can support their development of self-regulation, paying attention, and persisting through small frustrations. You will apply this knowledge using a wealth of resources to support children and nurture the development of these vital social and emotional skills.
This course includes exercises from the research-based Harmony SEL curriculum so you can apply the learning. Harmony provides a variety of methods and tools that are fun, easy to use, and bring joy to your instructional practice!
“This course is part of the SEL Credential. See the full credential requirements here.
Target Audience:Instruction and Effective Practice, Support Services
Course Meeting Times:
Head Start Alignment:
This course supports programs in meeting 1302.31 Teaching and the learning environment of the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS) in which a program must “promote healthy development and children’s skill growth aligned with the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF): Ages Birth to Five, including for children with disabilities.” It aligns with the ELOF Approaches to Learning domain and supports goals for the following sub-domains: Emotional and Behavioral Regulation and Cognitive Regulation.
- Strategies for Regulating our OWN Emotions
- Emotional and Behavioral Regulation in Infants and Toddlers
- Emotional and Behavioral Regulation in Preschoolers
- Strategies for Regulating Our OWN Cognition
- Cognitive Regulation in Infants and Toddlers: Persistence
- Cognitive Regulation in Preschoolers: Controlling Impulses
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the ELOF Approaches to Learning sub-domains Emotional and Behavioral Self-Regulation, and Cognitive Self-Regulation (Executive Functioning).
- Use new tools developed by Harmony SEL to apply your learning in the classroom, and support children’s development in these sub-domains.
- Reflect on and deepen your understanding of your own regulatory skills.
- Explore how to overcome biases and challenging behaviors that may inhibit your ability to teach all children equitably.
15 Hours of Course Material
3 Months of Access to Course
Sign Up for The Academy Newsletter!
Get exclusive discounts, news, and more.