Online • Live • 10 PD Hrs
Whether you are budgeting for annual wages and benefits, overseeing renovations to a facility, or responsible for a single site’s overall budget, knowing and complying with all of the fiscal requirements associated with Head Start services is essential. This course goes beyond the basics and covers the fiscal responsibilities of staff who oversee funds and property.
This course is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of fiscal responsibility for all staff and governing entities with financial roles. Participants can use course materials to assess, plan, and improve their financial management system, develop and execute operating and capital budgets, and maintain safe, effective learning environments. This course also helps grantees prepare for Focus Area (FA) 2 fiscal monitoring and annual audits.
Course Level: Intermediate
Requirements/Prerequisites: None, however, Fiscal Basics is highly encouraged for staff with less than three years of experience in fiscal management
Target Audience: Leadership and Management, Support Services
Course Meeting Times: Office hours on the first Monday of each month, from 10:00 am - 11:00 am ET
Completion Timeline/Duration: One month
What learners are saying...
"This course gives you a very good understanding of what it takes to make good fiscal decisions and provides a basis for a solid fiscal structure within your organization."
– KaTina Magmore, Fiscal Coordinator, Community Action Agency of Columbiana County, Inc.
"Completely essential for someone new to Head Start finance"
– Adriana Griffin, Chief Fiscal Officer, Northern California Child Development, Inc
"Well worth the time invested."
– Amy Butcher, HS/EHS Fiscal Manager, Anderson County Schools' Preschool
"I found the materials very applicable and easily understandable."
– James Haugen, Head Start Health Supervisor, West Central Minnesota Communities Action, Inc
"The instructors use real-life situations when working on budgets. It was easier for me to visualize myself in a meeting talking about the same issues."
– Paola Reyes, Fiscal & Grants Manager, Davis School District Head Start
- Online, Self-paced Content
- Live Instruction
- 10 Hours of Course Material
- Video Content
- 1 Month of Access to Online Course
- Digital Badge
- Discussion Forums
- Certificate of Completion
- 24/7 Access to Transcript