Fund Development Credential
Online • Live • 56 PD Hrs
This online cause selling accelerate helps Head Start leadership and management integrate successful business practices and relationship-driven strategies to help programs build strong connections with donors, increase revenue, and empower their cause.
The Fund Development Credential prepares development directors, grant managers, philanthropy managers, and anyone who plays a role in selling their cause and meeting their Head Start and Early Head Start program fundraising activities. This includes everything from meeting non-federal funding match goals, to participating in annual fund efforts like Dollar per Child and building lasting relationships with donors.
Through the cohort-based training model, which includes self-paced coursework and weekly meetings, learners will connect and collaborate with their peers to: develop a plan to prioritize fundraising tasks; navigate ethical dilemmas as a fundraiser; develop an ask that demonstrates the value of their organization; and more. Each session will provide learners with tangible tools that can immediately apply to their roles.
This credential is developed and taught by Fundraising Academy, a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) accredited education provider. In addition to earning NHSA’s Fund Development Credential, learners will earn 49+ points (approximately 60%) of the required Education Credits to pursue CFRE certification.
Start Date: June 15, 2022
Course Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Requirements/Prerequisites: This course is designed for fundraisers in Head Start/Early Head Start programs with zero to five years of experience cultivating individual donors.
Target Audience: Leadership and Management, Parents and Families, Program Operations, Support Services
Course Meeting Times: Sessions are held weekly on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET
Completion Timeline/Duration: Two months
Head Start Alignment: This course supports programs in meeting Part 1303.4: Federal financial assistance, non-federal match, and waiver requirements of the Head Start Program Performance Standards in which “a grantee must contribute 20 percent as non-federal match each budget period.” It can also help generate additional resources to support special projects the program would not otherwise be able to afford.
Shared by course participants outside of The Academy about the same content included in the Fund Development Credential.
- “This program covers all the nuts and bolts about fundraising!”
- “Prior to beginning our program, one participant was uncomfortable making a donor ask for her organization. Further, her organization had experienced significant leadership turnover and she had just become the sole fundraiser, with very little support and minimal resources from the organization. One month after graduating from our program, she reported her first successful major gift ask (her first ever ask of this donor!). She now oversees and drives her organization’s fundraising and stewardship efforts.”
- “A participant graduated from our program one week before our country went into pandemic lockdown, and his organization was forced to quickly pivot their largest annual fundraising campaign into a virtual campaign. He led a fundraising team and was responsible for supervising 80+ individual staff in their campaign fundraising efforts. His personal fundraising success placed him first within his organization (including directors and executives) and in the top 5 of nearly 800 individual community fundraisers.“
LIMITED TIME OFFER:
Get a 25% discount using the code FUND25
- Online, Self Paced Content
- Live Instruction
- 40 Hours of Course Material
- Video Content
- 3 Months of Access to Online Course
- Digital Badge
- Certificate of Completion
- 24/7 Access to Transcript
- 49+ CFRE Education Points and Tracker Form
- Textbook: Cause Selling: A Guide to Relationship-Driven Fundraising by Dr. David Lill & Jennifer Lill-Brown