High-quality, well maintained facilities are vital to quality early childhood education programming. This course supports all staff in developing the skills necessary to create safe, healthy, and nurturing environments.
High-quality, well-maintained facilities are vital to quality early childhood education programming. Safe, healthy, and nurturing environments for children and staff are critical in helping children develop the skills and abilities they need to succeed in school and in life.
Everything from cribs and toys to buildings and buses are all property. That’s why it is essential that all staff have a basic understanding of property compliance requirements.Teachers need to be able to assess equipment inside the classroom and outside on the playground to ensure the environment is safe. This course helps identify potential dangers like how a slow leak is a mold hazard. Learners will understand the definition of equipment and the management requirements associated with using Head Start funds to purchase equipment.
At the end of this course, learners will know how to ensure property items are in the right place, at the right time, and in the right condition.
- Start Date: On-Demand
- Course Level: Beginner
- Requirements/Prerequisites: None
- Course Meeting Times: None
- Completion Timeline/Duration: One month
- Alignment with the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF): This course supports programs in understanding the laws and regulations grant recipients “must comply with when they acquire, construct, or renovate property with federal funds.” It helps meet 45 CFR Part 1303, Subpart E; 45 CFR 1302.46; 45 CFR 1302.31; 45 CFR 1302.21; 45 CFR 75.439; 45 CFR 75.320; 45 CFR 75.308.
- Learners will understand the requirements that come with using Head Start funds for purchase, construction, and major renovation.
- Learners will understand purchase and recordkeeping requirements for equipment as well as personal property reporting at closeout using Form SF-428B.
2 Hours of Course Material
3 Months of Access to Course