Marketing and Design Manager
|Job Title||Marketing and Design Manager|
|Reports To||Director of Marketing|
|Post Date||February 11, 2022|
|Location||Our offices are located in Alexandria, VA. All of our positions are currently remote. We will continue to assess our operations as the pandemic evolves.|
The opportunity to succeed in school and in life, regardless of circumstances at birth, is a core American value. For the past six decades, the Head Start community has embraced the challenge of delivering on that value and changing life trajectories for the nation’s most vulnerable children and families. A strong and sustainable future for Head Start will mean the success of generations of children who may otherwise struggle throughout their lives. Their future success rests on the knowledge, commitment, and collaboration of families, programs, researchers, and policymakers.
NHSA is a unique organization looking to grow intentionally and to find the right person for the right opportunity on our team. If you are looking to be part of an organization that is static, where things are predictable, and challenges are hard to come by, you should not work with us. If you are interested in being a responsible contributor while flexing your curiosities and creativity, keep reading.
We are seeking a highly motivated, positive, organized, and detail-oriented person for the position of Marketing and Design Manager to develop and execute integrated digital campaigns to increase brand awareness, generate qualified leads, and boost sales for NHSA’s professional development products and services, including courses and credentialing opportunities at The Academy, NHSA annual conferences, membership, virtual events, and advocacy activities. Essential strengths include attention to detail, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, sound judgment, strong communication skills, and superb organization. In this time of unprecedented uncertainty, a strong sense of curiosity and an eagerness to learn is essential.
NHSA prides itself on being a learning organization, and additional duties will be added based on the individual’s interests and strengths.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help execute integrated marketing campaigns to launch and promote product and services, including the creation of product landing pages, advertisements, flyers, follow up emails, and other marketing collateral.
- Translate complex subject matter into written and visually appealing content that is easily digestible and optimized for various digital communication channels.
- Serve as lead on email marketing; execute email campaigns including customer segmentation, list selection, automation, testing protocol, and technical execution.
- Coordinate design and implementation of marketing campaigns across digital platforms.
- Implement testing strategies, analyze the performance of campaigns and provide regular reports to provide insight into optimization.
- Gain and maintain an intimate understanding of our products, competitors, customers, and prospects in order to create segmented lists and target relevant audiences.
- Foster close relationships with product development and content generating teams in order to function as a highly collaborative team.
- Develop a firm understanding of organizational strategies and priorities.
- Other relevant duties to accomplishing our mission as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend meetings with product development teams to learn about new products.
- Conduct market research and contribute/lead marketing brainstorm sessions.
- Write copy for landing pages.
- Design and send email communications.
- Gather data and prepare analytic reports evaluating effectiveness of campaigns.
- Support marketing efforts for our six annual Head Start conferences.
- Join a partner call to help develop strategies and tactics for partnerships.
- Passion for Head Start’s commitment to ensuring every vulnerable child has the opportunity to succeed.
- Commitment to understanding the unique and broad range of the audiences NHSA communicates with.
- Experience with email marketing and a robust CRM or marketing automation software ( Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred).
- Ability to execute a design and brand aesthetic for print and digital communications.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS skills are a plus.
- Preferred experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Google Drive.
- Strong project management skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively while being a dependable team-player.
- Bachelor’s degree required; 2-5 years of experience.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL HEAD START ASSOCIATION
NHSA is a nonprofit organization committed to the belief that every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to succeed in life. NHSA is the voice for more than 1 million children, 275,000 staff, and over 1,600 Head Start grant recipients in the U.S. Since 1974, NHSA has worked diligently for policy changes that ensure all eligible children have access to the Head Start model of support for the whole child, family, and community.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
NHSA's vision is for Head Start to lead—to be the untiring voice that will not be quiet until every vulnerable child is served with the Head Start model of support for the whole child, the family, and the community—and to advocate—to work diligently for policy and institutional changes that ensure all vulnerable children and families have what they need to succeed. NHSA's mission is to coalesce, inspire, and support the Head Start field as a leader in early childhood development and education.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are determined to play a valued and visible national leadership role in this country’s efforts to educate and serve its most vulnerable children and families.
- We recognize change is constant and are building a flexible, nimble organization that values innovation and can respond effectively to change.
- We are actively committed to being a high-impact organization that evaluates effort and measures outcomes; our commitment extends to helping Head Start value and use measurements effectively.
- We value partnerships and collaboration and at our core, we are relationship-based.
- We celebrate Head Start alumni, both graduates and parents, and the lasting impact that they are having in this country.
- We are accountable to our members and funders, seeking high standards of governance, carefully stewarding resources, operating transparently, and living up to the highest standards of quality.
NHSA is proud of our inclusive, collaborative, and professional culture. We value and reward teamwork, initiative, creativity, and intellectual and professional growth and we seek those qualities in our candidates.
- Collaboration: NHSA works in teams—we share ideas, brainstorm endlessly, and constantly seek innovative ideas that advance NHSA’s and Head Start’s missions.
- Vision: NHSA values colleagues who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and bring a relentless passion for our mission.
- Creativity: NHSA team members use data to form original insights. We find ways to incorporate innovative ideas and approaches that exist in the rich and vital Head Start community.
- Mindfulness: NHSA has an organization-wide commitment to strive for excellence; we set clear objectives, achieve ambitious goals, ensure accountability for results, and focus on our impact.
- Curiosity: NHSA values those who are curious and hungry for knowledge. Reflecting Head Start’s six decades of commitment to continuous improvement, our staff is committed to personal and professional growth, understanding, and commitment to our mission.
NHSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
Join NHSA to help advance a strong and innovative early childhood profession.
We need powerful advocates to secure a bright future for Head Start children and families.
Support our early childhood workforce as they shape the lives of the next generation.