Discover the power of neuroscience, mindful awareness, positive psychology, and social-emotional learning with MindUp. Together, we can help children regulate their emotions, focus their attention, mitigate challenging behaviors, and improve their overall mental fitness.
Head Start staff play a critical role in supporting the social and emotional development of the children in our programs. This course is an introduction to MindUp’s evidence-based program to help children reduce their stress, self-regulate their emotions, increase their ability to learn, and improve their overall mental fitness.
Each year, younger and younger children are showing signs of elevated depressive symptoms. MindUp helps children thrive by learning to self-regulate, manage their emotions, find calm and focus, have an optimistic outlook, and see positive possibilities for themselves and their community. MindUp’s program is a universal, evidence-based program grounded in four pillars:
- Mindful awareness practice
- Positive psychology
- Social and emotional learning (SEL)
Join us to learn strategies to support the social and emotional development of the children in your care, enhance their overall well-being, and ensure they are meeting the developmental milestones in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF). This course includes a Parent Guide to help disseminate best practices with your community. It is available in multiple languages and can be shared with Head Start families!
- Course Level: Beginner
- Requirements/Prerequisites: None
- Course Meeting Times: None
- Completion Timeline/Duration: One month
- Head Start Alignment: This course supports programs in meeting 1302.31 Teaching and the learning environment of the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS) in which a program must “ensure teachers and other relevant staff provide responsive care, effective teaching, and an organized learning environment that promotes healthy development and children’s skill growth aligned with the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five, including for children with disabilities.”
Download the Syllabus
1 Hour of Course Material
3 Months of Access to Course