Become a Member
Together we are the biggest and loudest advocates for Head Start children, families, and communities.
A Strong Voice
National membership gives NHSA the power to advocate on behalf of Head Start before Congress and the Administration.
Learning & Leadership
Along with many exclusive resources, membership provides learning opportunities at NHSA's six annual conferences.
NHSA members have access to weekly and monthly newsletters, exciting new partner initiatives, The Block, and many helpful resources and documents.
|Member-only news and critical analysis of federal legislation that affects Head Start programs||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to free year-round professional development webinars||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Eligibility for scholarships and awards that recognize the valuable contributions of Head Start programs, partners, staff, and parents.||✓||✓|
|Discounted registration for NHSA conferences and other NHSA training events||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounted registration for additional professional development opportunities at The Academy||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to The Block, a community engagement platform designed for networking||✓||✓||✓|
|Eligibility to participate in the Program of Excellence Accreditation||✓|
|Access to NHSA's Disaster Relief Fund assistance||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounted posts on The Career Center||✓||✓|
|Access to Starling Minds Mental Fitness Program for Head Start Staff||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to eMentorMatch, a site to find mentors and build relationships||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to NHSA Digital Portfolio, a personalized digital space to store all your professional accomplishments||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Eligible to purchase an NHSA member subscription to Academy+||✓||✓|
|Tuition grants for course-based bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral programs at Walden University.||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
NHSA offers more membership benefits than ever before!
Coming soon! NHSA is preparing to launch eMentorMatch, a site for NHSA members to find mentors and build relationships. That platform will have something for everyone:
- Program-Level members of NHSA will have access for all employees
- Retired Head Start staff with Individual or Lifetime memberships can join as mentors
- New directors can find seasoned directors to learn from and aspiring leaders can match with someone who can show them the ropes
Which NHSA membership is right for you?
NHSA's membership year is from July 1 through June 30. Fees are listed below. They are not pro-rated if started after July 1.
|Under $1 Million||$505|
|Over $60 Million||$5,970|
|University, College, or Research Organization||$340|
|Under 10,000 Enrollment||$440|
|Under 10,000 Enrollment + Collaboration Office||$625|
|10,000 to 35,000 Enrollment||$560|
|10,000 to 35,000 Enrollment + Collaboration Office||$735|
|Over 35,000 Enrollment||$700|
|Over 35,000 Enrollment + Collaboration Office||$865|
|State Collaboration Office||$190|
|Head Start Staff||$65|
Join Online or By Mail
Download the membership form of your choice below.
Manage Your Program’s Staff Roster on the NHSA Member Portal
- When your program became an NHSA Member, one or more people were designated as an administrative contact. Only an administrative contact can access the NHSA Member Portal.
- If you are not the NHSA Member administrative contact, find out who is here. An administrative contact can add unlisted staff on the NHSA Member Portal.
- If you have 25 records or more to add, update, or delete, you can send them to the NHSA Membership Team in a spreadsheet and we will make the changes for you. Here’s how.
- Once your staff roster is updated, all of your staff can enjoy NHSA Membership benefits such as reduced registration fees and much more.
- If you are registering for an event and receive a non-member rate and your roster is up to date, at checkout select the purchase order payment method to receive an invoice and contact the membership team at email@example.com for support.