Online • Live • 7 PD Hrs
Data Essentials explores how data is used in practice in today’s Head Start world and answers two questions: “How can data be used to make things better?” and “How can I be sure that the data I collect helps children and families?”
Data is vital to measuring the impact of Head Start and line staff play are essential to ensuring the smooth operation of the “data workflow” that keeps the data environment healthy. Building on the Data Basics course, Data Essentials explores how data is used in practice in today’s Head Start world and answers two questions:
- “How can data be used to make things better?”
- “How can I be sure that the data I collect helps children and families?”
In addition to completing self-paced coursework online, candidates will be required to attend a live webinar.
Date: New cohorts every month
Requirements/Prerequisites: Data Basics
Target Audience: Leadership and Management, Support Services
Completion Timeline/Duration: Two months
Meeting Times: The last Thursday of the month from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
What learners are saying...
"This is a great training to learn more about Head Start. Many teachers know that we do data, but where does it go? This showed some places it is used for."
- Pam Boese, Director, Northwest Arkansas Head Start
"This was an excellent course. I am glad I had the opportunity to attend this training. What was valuable to me was hearing the experiences from the other programs. It tied everything up hearing from them."
- Rosalyn Splawn, Health & Nutrition Specialist, South Carolina First Steps to Spartanburg County
"We had a richer self-assessment because I had the SA team first complete Data Basics and Data Essentials. Shout out to you all for great content for us to continue to learn through the stress..."
- Jeanne Myer, Executive Director, Family Forum, Inc
"If you are new to data, take this training! I am sure you will find that you know more about data than you think."
- Karen Parham, ERSEA and Transition Program Specialist, South Carolina First Steps to Spartanburg County
- Online, Self Paced Content
- Live Webinar with Instructor
- 7 Hours of Course Material
- Video Content
- 3 Months of Access to Online Course
- Access to National Cohort of Peers
- Digital Badge
- Certificate of Completion with Professional Development Hours
This course explores the role of data in Head Start and answers two questions: “Why do people...
Data Literacy Credential
Educate managers and directors in data literacy; the ability to communicate about the use of data; and...