Effective Transitions Essentials
Online • On-Demand • 10 PD Hrs
Do you wish that you had a better way to get through all those challenging transition times during the day? Learn to treat those minutes as a precious resource—a special time to explore a joyful mini-curriculum over the course of the year, building skills that are crucial to academic success.
This course focuses on best practices for educators in using sound (and silence) to help children develop and enhance their active listening, executive function, and social-emotional skills.
This course is built for teachers and coaches! You will learn the skills needed to manage classrooms of any size, including how to establish clear expectations, set boundaries, anticipate problems, and react proactively when they do.
Start Date: New cohorts begin at the beginning of February, March, April, September, October, and November.
Course Level: Beginner
Target Audience: Instruction and Effective Practice, Support Services
Course Meeting Times: In addition to on-demand coursework, mandatory coaching sessions are held on Thursdays at 2:00 p.m. ET.
Completion Timeline/Duration: Four weeks
Head Start Alignment: This curriculum supports young children’s learning across various Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF) learning domains, including:
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Communication
- Perceptual, Motor, and Physical Development
What learners are saying...
"Transitions have become so easy since taking this training. Since incorporating what I learned the students have so much fun and have adapted relatively well."
- Errica Pope, Lenox Hills Neighborhood House
- Riana Garcia, Assistant Director of Compliance at Easter Seals Southern California, Inc.
- Kristin, Site Supervisor at Easter Seals Southern California, Inc.
- Online, Self-paced Coursework
- Live Coaching from Instructor
- Access to a National Cohort of Peers
- 10 Hours of Course Material
- Video Content
- 4 Months of Access to Online Course
- Digital Badge
- Discussion Forums
- Certificate of Completion
- 24/7 Access to Transcript
This program will equip you with three innovative approaches to managing challenging behaviors in the classroom. Hone...
Hands-on experiences in the garden provide young children and the Head Start community with a multitude of...
Improve classroom management by building a positive classroom culture of safety and trust for children and teachers.