Executive Leadership Credential
Online • Live • 40 PD Hrs
Join us for a year-long journey to develop executive-level leadership skills, collaborate to solve current challenges, and identify innovative approaches to leading Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
Looking for ways to take your leadership to the next level? Want to become a disruptive innovator? The Academy at NHSA presents the Executive Leadership Credential! Designed for directors with more than seven years experience (or those who have completed the Director Credential), this experience will approach leadership from an executive perspective. Nationally recognized experts from Harvard University and training will hone high-level leadership skills needed to develop solutions to current challenges and identify innovative approaches to leading Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
Participants will attend NHSA’s Winter Leadership Institute in January (cost of registration is included) and an exclusive Summer Executive Leadership Council Summit in June (cost of registration, lodging, and food are included) to fulfill all requirements of the Executive Leadership Credential.
After successfully completing the year-long program, you will have the opportunity to become a member of NHSA’s Executive Leadership Council and have priority access to Executive Leadership Council events, including a special pre-conference event at NHSA’s Winter Leadership Institute. NHSA will look to the Executive Leadership Council to provide ongoing guidance on pressing Head Start issues as they arise. The Executive Leadership Council will be the example of leadership throughout Head Start communities nationwide.
Start Date: Annually in January
Course Level: Advanced
Requirements/Prerequisites: Directors with over 7 years experience in leadership and/or completion of The Academy’s Director Credential
Target Audience: Leadership and Management
Course Meeting Times:
- Kickoff at Winter Leadership Institute in January
- Summer Executive Leadership Credential Summit in June
- Monthly Meetings: Dates and Times TBA
Completion Timeline/Duration: 12 months
Head Start Alignment:
This course supports programs in meeting Part 1302: Program Operations, Subpart I-Human Resources & J-Program Management and Quality Improvement requirements of the Head Start Program Performance Standards to ensure staff are qualified and supported to effectively provide services.
- Online, Self-paced Content
- Monthly Guided Professional Development
- Access to a National Cohort of Peers
- 12 Months of Access to Online Course
- "The Innovator’s DNA" by Jeff Dyer, Hal Gregersen. and Clayton Christensen
- Registration to NHSA’s Winter Leadership Institute in January
- Registration, lodging, and meals at the Summer Executive Leadership Credential Summit in June
- Discussion Forums
- Digital Badge
- Certificate of Completion from The Academy with Professional Development Hours
- Certificate in Early Education Leadership (CEEL) from Harvard Graduate School of Education
- 24/7 Access to Transcript
Take a four-month learning journey with other new Head Start and Early Head Start Directors. Here you...
This online cause selling accelerate helps Head Start leadership and management integrate successful business practices and relationship-driven...
This credential explores topics surrounding day-to-day leadership in Head Start and Early Head Start sites. Participants will...