This national staff award in memory of Aubrey Puckett celebrates a Head Start alumna, alumnus, or parent now working for a Head Start or Early Head Start program who demonstrates their passion for serving through advocacy, career growth, and being actively involved in their program, community, or at the state or national level.
The nominee must:
- Have been enrolled in a Head Start or Early Head Start program as a child or parent for one or more years
- Have been a Head Start program employee for at least three years
- Provide a letter of reference from two people who know the nominee in their current role
- Provide a cover letter addressing the following:
- Key details about the nominee and the nominee's family and connection to Head Start as a child or parent.
- Provide details about program service, including year started, positions held, etc.
- Describe activities and efforts the nominee has made that demonstrate passion for serving through advocacy, career growth, and involvement in the community or at the state/national level to benefit Head Start families
- Comply with all NHSA general rules and regulations as listed on the Scholarships & Awards homepage.
Past Aubrey Puckett Memorial Award Recipients
2021-22: Natalie Hankins, Institute of Community Services, Holly Springs, MS
2020-21: Sherry Day, LEADS, Inc.
2019-20: Trecia Nickerson, Alger Marquette Community Action Board
2018-19: Dorothy Frederick, Community Partnership for Child Development
2017-18: Ammie Joyce, Head Start Child and Family Development Program
2016-17: Adella Arredondo, Denver Great Kids Head Start