Classroom Management Credential
Online • On-Demand • 28 PD Hrs
This program will equip you with three innovative approaches to managing challenging behaviors in the classroom. Hone your classroom management skills with us!
Are you looking for a change in your classroom? Do you want to have more positive engagement with your students? Would you like a few new tools to add to your teacher toolbelt?
NHSA’s unique Classroom Management Credential will equip you with three innovative approaches to managing challenging behaviors in the classroom. Not only will you be learning from experts in engaging early learners, but you'll also be in a cohort with other like-minded teachers who are dedicated to making a difference for children.
We will cover strategies to:
✓ Use movement to increase focus
✓ Make transitions a meaningful part of your day
✓ Inspire the desire to behave well
After completing this program, you will be the go-to person in your program for advice on classroom management! You will learn ways to mitigate challenging behaviors without resorting to cumbersome rules and consequences and be ready to share your new skills with your colleagues.
To earn this certificate, learners will complete the following three courses:
- Music and Movement Essentials (8 PD Hrs)
- Effective Transitions Essentials (10 PD Hrs)
- Trust First Essentials (10 PD Hrs)
- Registration for Music and Movement and Effective Transitions is available on-demand.
- Pre-registration for Trust First is open! The first cohort will start in November of 2022.
Course Level: Intermediate
Target Audience: Instruction and Effective Practice
Course Meeting Times:
In addition to completing online modules, learners will be required to complete application exercises in their Head Start/Early Head Start classrooms and to attend coaching sessions to successfully complete each course.
- Music and Movement coaching sessions are held on Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
- Effective Transition coaching sessions are held on Thursdays of each month from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
- Trust First coaching sessions will be held on Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
Please note that all course meeting times are subject to change based on facilitator availability.
Completion Timeline/Duration: Each course is offered multiple times throughout the school year. Learners must complete all three courses within 12 months to earn the Classroom Management Credential.
Head Start Alignment: This credential supports programs in meeting the 1302 Subpart C—Education and Child Development Program Services requirements of the Head Start Program Performance Standards, in which programs must “ensure teachers and other relevant staff provide responsive care, effective teaching, and an organized learning environment that promotes healthy development and children’s skill growth aligned with the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five, including for children with disabilities.” This course is aligned with the ELOF: Approaches to Learning, Social and Emotional Development.
- Online, Self-Paced Content
- Live Coaching from Instructors
- Access to a National Cohort of Peers
- 28 Hours of Course Material
- Video Content
- 12 Months of Access to Online Course
- Discussion Forums
- Digital Badge
- Certificate of Completion with Professional Development Hours