Head Start staff have a lot to learn when getting started—both to successfully support children and families and to meet Office of Head Start requirements. The Pre-Service Bundle includes Head Start Basics and Bias Buster Basics, meeting approximately 90% of the professional development required by the Head Start Program Performance Standards.
Save time. Save money. Achieve national standards. Make pre-service a breeze with NHSA’s Pre-Service Bundle. Available exclusively to NHSA Members, the bundle saves you 25% off the regular rate for Head Start Basics and Bias Buster Basics. That’s a savings of $250 per person!
The Bundle includes:
- Head Start Basics: This on-demand course provides Head Start and Early Head Start staff the opportunity to refresh their knowledge of Head Start’s history, model, and mission. Created by Former OHS Director Dr. Deborah Bergeron, Head Start Basics gives learners information and skills related to special education, active supervision, health and safety, family engagement, and more. It’s a great reminder of the positive impact we have on children and families.
- Bias Busters Basics: This on-demand course focuses on understanding bias and creating inclusive environments. Created by Head Start alumna Dr. Kimberly P. Johnson, Bias Buster Basics is designed to ensure everyone in your program is using similar language and coming to the work with consistent sensitivities and values. It’s the foundation of providing a program rooted in DEI.
- Self-Paced, On-Demand Content
- 14 PD Hours (a $390 value!)
Target Audience:Instruction and Effective Practice, Program Operations, Support Services
Course Meeting Times:
Head Start Alignment:
- Satisfies 90% of OHS training requirements
- Fulfills diversity, equity, and inclusion requirements
Download the Syllabus
14 Hours of Course Material
3 Months of Access to Course
What learners are saying...
“This is a valuable experience that will help you do your job better and see the reasons behind why Head Start does what it does.” - Head Start Basics participant
“I learned a lot of information on the history of Head Start! I think all staff who just get hired should have to go through these training sessions to learn what the program is all about.” - Head Start Basics participant
"Bias Busters is educational and gives you the knowledge you may not already have about working with families that come from different backgrounds, cultures, and beliefs." - Bias Busters Basics participant
Sign Up for The Academy Newsletter!
Get exclusive discounts, news, and more.