13 Head Start Programs Accredited as Program of Excellence
Washington, D.C. – This week, the National Head Start Association (NHSA) recognized the outstanding performance of 13 Head Start grant recipients as part of NHSA’s Program of Excellence Accreditation.
The Program of Excellence recognizes and supports the outstanding performance of Head Start grant recipients nationwide who demonstrate excellence in program management and service and support robust positive outcomes for children birth-to-five, pregnant people, families, and the communities where they live.
The 2022-27 Program of Excellence accredited programs are:
- Children’s Friend Head Start Providence, RI
- Community Services For Children Head Start/Early Head Start of the Lehigh Valley Allentown, PA
- East Bay Community Action Program Head Start Newport, RI
- Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners Head Start/Early Head Start Program Tampa, FL
- Maui Family Support Services Inc. Early Head Start Wailuku, HI
- Mercer County Head Start Celina, OH
- Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency Inc. Child Development Program Utica, NY
- Murray Head Start Murray, KY
- New St. Paul Head Start Agency Detroit, MI
- Parents In Community Action Minneapolis, MN
- Tri-Valley Opportunity Council Head Start, Child & Family Programs Crookston, MN
- United Community Action Partnership Cosmos, MN
- YWCA Metro St. Louis Early Education Program St. Louis, MO
“The accreditation is extraordinarily meaningful to the entire Head Start community because it is a demonstration of a tireless commitment to continually strengthening and improving our work with children and families, which has stretched over the six decades of Head Start’s history,” said NHSA’s Executive Director Yasmina Vinci. “It is wonderful-and, truly, an act of hope-to celebrate these Programs of Excellence and see programs thriving and charting a path for the future.”
In Recent News
NHSA urges Congress to pass of a new bill for FY23 and not let the continuing resolution stretch past December for a second year in a row.
NHSA released the following statement in response to the report released by the Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General.
The tribute brings to life Dr. Zigler's legacy through video and audio clips by family, former students, colleagues, and luminaries.