13 Head Start Programs Accredited as Program of Excellence
Washington, D.C. – This week, the National Head Start Association (NHSA) recognized the outstanding performance of 13 Head Start grant recipients as part of NHSA’s Program of Excellence Accreditation.
The Program of Excellence recognizes and supports the outstanding performance of Head Start grant recipients nationwide who demonstrate excellence in program management and service and support robust positive outcomes for children birth-to-five, pregnant people, families, and the communities where they live.
The 2022-27 Program of Excellence accredited programs are:
- Children’s Friend Head Start Providence, RI
- Community Services For Children Head Start/Early Head Start of the Lehigh Valley Allentown, PA
- East Bay Community Action Program Head Start Newport, RI
- Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners Head Start/Early Head Start Program Tampa, FL
- Maui Family Support Services Inc. Early Head Start Wailuku, HI
- Mercer County Head Start Celina, OH
- Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency Inc. Child Development Program Utica, NY
- Murray Head Start Murray, KY
- New St. Paul Head Start Agency Detroit, MI
- Parents In Community Action Minneapolis, MN
- Tri-Valley Opportunity Council Head Start, Child & Family Programs Crookston, MN
- United Community Action Partnership Cosmos, MN
- YWCA Metro St. Louis Early Education Program St. Louis, MO
“The accreditation is extraordinarily meaningful to the entire Head Start community because it is a demonstration of a tireless commitment to continually strengthening and improving our work with children and families, which has stretched over the six decades of Head Start’s history,” said NHSA’s Executive Director Yasmina Vinci. “It is wonderful-and, truly, an act of hope-to celebrate these Programs of Excellence and see programs thriving and charting a path for the future.”
In Recent News
Today, NHSA and the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) announce the launch of the Kids on Campus initiative to bring more Head Start programs to community college campuses. The launch takes place during the 2024 Community College National Legislative Summit at the Marriott Marquis in Washington, D.C. Six foundations have joined together to provide…
This Notice of Proposed Rulemaking represents a significant opportunity to address the challenges facing Head Start and Early Head Start.
In response to last night’s Rules Committee hearing and the House’s potential consideration of HR 5894, NHSA released the following statement from Executive Director Yasmina Vinci: The House continues to senselessly hurdle toward consideration of the appropriations bill that will have devastating cuts to Head Start and Early Head Start. These cuts mean closed classrooms…