Webinar Series: GroMore Gardens
Watch this garden webinar series to discover the many ways gardening activities can be used to promote the health and wellness of young children and their families.
Gardening activities can be used to promote the health and wellness of young children and their families. Focusing on gardens in the early childhood setting, speakers present on a wide variety of tips for best practices for planning, planting, and sustaining a food garden along with important safety procedures to consider when preparing and consuming your harvest. You will also hear first-hand stories from successful programs about garden-based nutrition education program.
- How Garden Programs Combat Food Insecurity - February 2023
- Learning from Head Start Gardeners - March 2022
- Celebrating Winter with Gardening Activities - December 2020
- Winter in the Head Start Garden - January 2020
- Fall in the Head Start Garden - October 2019
- The Therapeutic Value of Gardening for Children - August 2019
- Creating Edible Garden Programs to Support Nutrition Education - August 2019
- An Introduction to Gardening with Young Children - August 2019
This garden webinar series was designed in collaboration with Scotts Miracle-Gro and KidsGardening.