Conference & Events Intern
NHSA hosts six annual conferences: Fall Leadership Institute, Winter Leadership Institute, LEADS, Early Childhood Innovation Summit, Parent and Family Engagement Conference, and National Conference. This is a great opportunity for a young professional looking to understand both behind the scenes and in-person experience of managing a conference event. Our audiences vary from 250 to 4,500 people and you can expect to be involved in all aspects of conference and event planning.
- Think creatively about how to improve our conference and meetings processes
- Collaborate as needed with an external contractor on conference and meeting planning
- Attend and staff NHSA conferences and special events in the Washington, D.C. area
- Assist with task completion and follow-up for guest registrations at conferences
- Assist with task completion and follow-up for conference, meeting, and event planning
- Preferred enrollment in Bachelor's degree program leading to a hospitality, business administration, or public relations degree, or similar degree.
- Good judgment, flexibility, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Experience with various cloud-based software suites in database and project management including Salesforce/MemberNation, Basecamp, and conference registration software preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong guest experience skills and disposition.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate will need to provide their own computer or laptop with a webcam, internet connection, and phone to successfully meet the equipment requirements. If this is a barrier to participation, exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applications for all internship positions will be considered until the internship is filled.
NHSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
Join NHSA to help advance a strong and innovative early childhood profession.
We need powerful advocates to secure a bright future for Head Start children and families.
Support our early childhood workforce as they shape the lives of the next generation.