Effective Practice Intern
As part of NHSA’s Effective Practice team, interns will help with a large portfolio of work focused on directly supporting Head Start practitioners. The Effective Practice intern will have the experience of getting to own a specific project throughout their time with us. Internships are designed to develop your skills while also allowing you to learn what it’s like to work at a national non-profit and to explore other areas of interest in the organization.
- Develop new and creative ideas for community engagement and professional development
- Participate in weekly strategy and check-in meetings
- Assist with The Academy at NHSA, including piloting courses, providing tech support for online classes, developing new curriculum, and more
- Aid other departments needing support on projects
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or higher learning institution
- Strong ability to communicate, enjoys being creative and thinking outside the box
- Proficiency in a variety of software suites and has ability to learn and adapt to new technologies (experience with Articulate, Accord (LMS) and Google Suite a plus)
- Good judgment, problem-solving skills, and flexibility
- Strong collaborator and enjoys working in a team-driven atmosphere
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate will need to provide their own computer or laptop with a webcam, internet connection, and phone to successfully meet the equipment requirements. If this is a barrier to participation, exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applications for all internship positions will be considered until the internship is filled.
NHSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
Join NHSA to help advance a strong and innovative early childhood profession.
We need powerful advocates to secure a bright future for Head Start children and families.
Support our early childhood workforce as they shape the lives of the next generation.